Sunday, April 3, 2011

There and back again.

Unfortunately, I only cracked open the Blogspot editor once in March. I've been busy with my life, despite my lack of stable full-time employment at the present moment.

To update the happenings in March - I successfully drove to and back from Los Angeles. This was a milestone for me as it was the first time I've made the trip by myself via automobile. I even drove on some icy roads after it had snowed on the I-5. Just so you know my skill of driving - I saw some older man (in SF) yelling "Learn to drive!" at me at the gas station. Another kind soul stopped me at a LA gas station to check my engine as he saw something leaking below my car. There are nice people in LA after all!

In the professional realm, I've had a couple of interviews, with varying degrees of success. I might actually be getting better at it (though I've had some terrible bombs in the past). I've also had some auditions, all with an astounding degree of failure. Methinks it is time for some fresh monologues and a different approach.

Of course, all this being said, I think I've really come to understand that, on the whole, my life has been pretty wonderful so far. Most people have treated me with such kindness and hospitality all across the world and I do wish to be able to return that favor to others. I don't want to take anyone for granted in my life and I hope there will be a way for these people to know that I've always appreciated them.

All of this being said, it's my nephew's 10th birthday today. He woke me up this morning when he rang at the doorbell to fetch my sister for some Jungle Island fun. Apparently he thought I was still sleeping, so he didn't drag me along. While he can be naughty sometimes ("I didn't do it!!!"), he is a true sweetheart who always is willing to give hugs. After he'd opened his presents, he said, "Thanks for getting me all these awesome things." Aww. I wish he'll always be able to give me hugs, but I know he'll eventually be a teenager and...all kids grow up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More