Saturday, November 19, 2011

Finally a Flash of Me on National Television

Fancy title of a post I have here, but don't be fooled! I still am far from even having a small bit part on a TV show - just getting those auditions is a trek for the newbies like me. However, you may have seen my previous posts about the un-glamorous life in the background. I'm pleased to report that my work has finally come to fruition on television!

This Friday (yesterday), I was on the set on Grey's Anatomy for the third time in a week. I ended my day by going to the gym - with the memory that the episode of CSI:NY I had worked on back in early October was airing tonight! So, I stayed at the gym to watch the episode. I only appeared for a very split second in the beginning, but there I was craning my eyes to see a familiar flash of me on the screen as I pounded my legs down on the elliptical. And so...I caught a glimpse of myself (with bad posture, no less)! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the very first time I actually saw myself on network television as it was airing. A small step, but a step indeed! How exciting! Of course, if you weren't specifically looking for me, you'd barely notice the Asian chick in her black suit checking out the crime scene before the judge gets gunned down.

There, do you see me?
To update my list of shows I've been an extra body for, I can add popular shows such as House, Criminal Minds, Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother and Ringer. Of course, I probably won't be seen on air in light of the unfortunate out-of-frame placements and blurry background crosses. I might be visible in a couple holiday episodes of Grey's and Chuck, but I guess I'll have to wait until December for those.

If anyone spots me as Leena Cook on We the People or as myself chowing a cupcake down on Cupcake Wars, do let me know. I am poor at keeping tabs on my possible other instances of gracing the television screen.

Of course, I have some catching up to do in terms of building real television credits. The industry is all about credits! But in the meantime, I'm still there.

In my post "Life in the Background," I mentioned I was in a CF (long Korean commercial/story) with Korean superstar Lee Minho. Here is the brief moment in which you can see me in the same frame! I have a Toyota watermark on my face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More