Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shoulda Woulda Coulda: Not Living with Regrets

When I was a teacher in Korea, I entitled one of my lesson plans "Shoulda Woulda Coulda." It's a bad habit of mine (and for what I presume many other people) to look back and wonder how I may have done things differently in my life.

This past Saturday, I found myself walking the Hollywood Walk of Fame, all on my own, on one rather deserted part of Hollywood Boulevard. Many of the names I barely recognized, but represented people who were once famous in the realm of Hollywood decades upon decades ago.

Of course, I know this one, though!

It's odd where life has taken me. Certainly with life lived and time passed, there are some things I wish I could change - maybe a different course of study or attitude. I've recently thought about recalculating my entire life strategy.

After going in to an audition where I absent-mindedly forgot any sort of confident composure technique and probably very likely exuded the lost, timid Asian girl aura, I was walking back to where I had parked. On the way, I passed by a theater. Its show had a curious title - "Don't Let 2 Much Time Go By - This Isn't a Dress Rehearsal." A strange reminder - and one I've actually heard echoed before by an older acting classmate of mine.


It is very true that this is the only life we have and the best thing we can do is live it - and live it without regrets. We've got to make the most of it. While the world didn't end yesterday as an elderly pastor so predicted, we can't act like it won't end one day for us. Cheers to life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More