Friday, December 16, 2011

Daytime TV Debut!

It's not quite my favorite soap General Hospital, but it airs in the same time slot over here in Los Angeles. One day in December (the 7th, I believe), my image and voice graced the airways of selected NBC affiliates across the nation (not all of them, but most of them). Hence, I had my daytime TV debut as Leena Cook.

I'm on the losing side of a defense!

My dear TV husband did throw me under the bus with some testimony that hurt me. I ended up losing the case. There was some editing done, so you don't see the part in which I interrupt Gloria Allred's ruling to try to bring in more evidence!

What do you mean I lost??


If you are curious, you can view the episode on Netflix! Where? Well, you'll just have to ask me! I would not say this is my best acting because it simply isn't - but here's that needed start!

Reality TV is not my end goal of course, but now I can safely say that I really have been on TV. I'll also be gracing the channels of cable at some point in the future if I haven't already. A few days ago, I taped a sequence for Operation Repo in which I run about a parking lot screaming. Hopefully I'll come across the screens as a crazy nail salon owner and entertain those in the Midwest, where the show is popular.

There has been some debate over whether reality TV can be detrimental to one's career. For these roles I took, I was still playing a different character - which is in essence still acting. As long as I don't play myself as some conniving-must-hate reality persona, I feel I will be gaining some valuable experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More